What is the difference between sea and ocean?
Differences between ocean and sea
The ocean is the vast surface of salt water that makes up about 70% of the total surface of the earth, while the sea is a large gathering of salt water that occupies a large part of the earth’s surface, but smaller than the ocean, and the difference between the ocean and the sea can be summarized in terms of depth , area, and marine life through the following: 
- In terms of depth: the oceans are large bodies of water and they are deeper than the seas, where the depth of the Pacific Ocean, which is the largest among the oceans, reaches approximately 10,924 meters, and the depth of the Arctic Ocean, which is the smallest among the oceans, reaches approximately 5,625 meters, and the oceans unite with each other. To form a large surface of salt water known as the World Ocean, which has an average depth of 3,688 meters. In contrast, the seas are less deep than the oceans, and one of the most famous major seas in the world; The Caribbean Sea, the deepest of which is the Caribbean Sea, with a depth of 6,946 meters, the South China Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea.
- In terms of area: the oceans are the most prominent water bodies on the planet, with a total area of 361,900,000 square kilometres, the largest of which is the Pacific Ocean, which covers an area of about 155,556,482.2 square kilometres, while the smallest ocean is the Arctic Ocean, which covers an area of about 1,500 square kilometres. On the other hand, the area of the largest sea, the Mediterranean, is approximately 2,965,018.07 square kilometres, and thus the difference in area indicates that the seas are smaller than the oceans.
- In terms of marine life: It is possible to identify the differences between the ocean and the sea in terms of the marine life of each of them, as the distance from the ocean shore or the sea to the depths of each greatly affects the biological diversity of the marine plants and animals that live in them, and given that the seas are located near On land, the water diversity is greater and more abundant than the oceans, which are deeper and farther from the land limit, and thus the seas support marine life more because the sun's rays easily penetrate the depths, unlike the ocean.
definition of the sea
Knows the sea as a large pool of water but is smaller than the ocean, and is rated the world 's seas depending on the degree of contact with the mainland and its relationship with a larger body of water, Vseaar are either marginal or regional, or internal, for example , is surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea territory of land from all Almost directions, and therefore it is a sea with a limited ability to share its water currents with an ocean or a neighboring sea. 
The ocean is defined as the large body of water that surrounds the continent. It is the largest body of water. The oceans cover nearly two-thirds of the Earth's surface.  The oceans are divided into five geographical basins; They are the Pacific Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic and Antarctic, and the oceans contain about 1.34 billion cubic kilometers of water, which is approximately 97% of the water supply on the Earth's surface. 
- Kipyego Isaac Kipruto (18-5-2018), "What Is The Difference Between An Ocean And A Sea?" , www.worldatlas.com , Retrieved 2-4-2019. Edited.
- "What Is the Difference Between Sea and Ocean?" , www.reference.com , Retrieved 2-4-2019. Edited.
- Lynn Holmgren (13-3-2018), "Differences Between Bodies of Water" , www.sciencing.com , Retrieved 2-4-2019. Edited.
- CHRISTINA NUNEZ, "OCEANS" , www.nationalgeographic.com , Retrieved 2-4-2019. Edited